Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Week 16- Cell Projects & Colonial Day

This week we only went to school for 2 days. We'll have the rest of the week off for Thanksgiving break. Even though we were only there a couple of days, we had a lot of fun.

Last week I shared #projectrippleeffect with you. We started making happy posters for all the adults in our school building. We finished making them this week. Since I was guiding this I didn't include my name in the list for a poster. So while we were making the other posters my class snuck and made one for me. It made my day and also made me happy.



Today we had colonial day at school. This was a traditional colonial lunch. We made butter and had biscuits and stir about (colonial stew). It was delicious!



The kids had a great time making butter. They kept asking if it was ready yet. We shook jars for a while before the butter was finally finished.





After lunch we played marbles and jacks. I told the kids we were going to play colonial games with a twist. I had each group choose what they wanted to play and then use the iPad minis to find out how to play the game. Most of them had never played these games before and we are keeping them in the room to play when we have indoor recess.




We are almost finished with our completely digital cell projects. Some of the finished videos are coming in now so I wanted to share a couple of them. They were a little stressed about getting their assigned cell correct. My students have not had any experience identifying cells when looking at real pictures. So I told them not to worry about it. I'm looking for a completed project and evidence to show why they think it is a plant or animal cell.





STUDENTS: What was your favorite part of our colonial lunch? We had a lot of yummy food and fun games. I'm curious to find out your favorite. I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving!



5 comments:

  1. My favorite lunch was the cracker & our homemade butter, and I liked the marbles and jack!
    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colonial Day will probably be the most fun day we've had in November.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i liked the chiken & rice

    and jacks

    emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked making butter, the crackers, the biscuits, chicken & rice, and playing jacks! So basically, everything was either good or fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED THE CHICKEN AND RICE


    ABBY

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Students, make sure to answer the question of the week to earn your ticket for the good job jar. If you have trouble posting your comment just e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.